Thursday, June 6, 2013

Hardcastle Crags 05-06-13

I was delighted to find Laetiporus sulphureus, which covered all sides of a huge trunk. I sliced a piece off and took it home for my tea, and it was really, really tasty. The Hypholoma fasciculare I found were not the best examples as they were damaged and looked to have been partly eaten.



Trichia affinis.


Southern Bracket (Ganoderma australe), above and below.





Spring Pin (Cudoniella clavus var. clavus), above and below.





A Hymenoscyphus species. I forgot to pick the stick up to take home for examination  after becoming too absorbed, in examining what was around me.


Sulphur Tuft (Hypholoma fasciculare), above and below.






Wolf's Milk Slime (Lycogala epidendrum), above and below.





Chicken of the Woods or Sulphur Polypore (Laetiporus sulphureus), above and all below.











No comments:

Post a Comment