Monday, October 21, 2013

Hardcastle Crags 15-10-13

It was a shame that Oliver wasn't with me when I went for my walk as I did find quite a few species and some such as the Lacrymaria that I hadn't seen before. Apologies for some really rotten photographs, I thought they looked okay on playback but when I got home they happened to be dreadful and really grainy so I shall have to retrace my steps and take some better ones!



Chanterelle (Cantharellus cibarius).


Club Foot (Ampullolitocybe clavipes).



Black Bulgar (Bulgaria inquinans).


Common Rustgill (Gymnopilus penetrans). 



Spotted Toughshank (Rhodocollybia maculata) - in an almost perfect ring, above and below.




Bay Bolete (Boletus badius)




Trooping Funnel (Clitocybe geotropa).


Jellybaby (Leotia lubrica).


Yellow Stagshorn (Calocera viscosa).


Variable Webcap (Cortinarius anomalus).



Weeping Widow (Lacrymaria lacrymabunda) - above and weeping gills below.






Orange Peel Fungus (Auricularia mesenterica) - above and below. 





Purple Jellydisc (Ascocoryne sarcoides) - above and below with a yellow friend.







Jelly Rot (Phlebia tremellosa) - upper surface above and the intricately pocketed surface below.





Tiny sausage shaped spores 3.5-4 x 1.


Wooly Fibrecap (Inocybe lanuginosa var. lanuginosa) above and spores below.


Spores 8-10 x 5-6.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Brilliant pictures and info all the way to the top ! Like the way the spores of the Wooly Fibrecap are also wooly : - )

    ReplyDelete