Monday, September 15, 2014

Hardcastle Crags 3rd September 2014

These are some of the things I saw whilst out walking with Basil.


Oak Pin (Cudoniella acicularis).


Wrinkled Shield (Pluteus plebophorus) above and below.




Peltigera membranacea.


Orange Peel Fungus (Aleuria aurantia) above and below.





Common Bonnet (Mycena galericulata) above and three below.





Club shaped cheilocystidia with finger like projections.


Spores amyloid and broadly ellipsoid. 10-12 x 7-8 microns.


Sulphur Tuft (Hypholoma fasciculare).


 Common Puffball (Lycoperdon peratum). 


Porcelain Fungus (Oudomansiella mucida) growing high up on a Fagus sylvatica branch.


I found a troop of little white Entoloma species that I cannot confidently name. The cap was only 1 cm in diameter. It may be E. cephalotrichum but as I've never seen one before, I am not sure.








It had angular spores, 10-12 x 6.5 -7.5 microns.


Fly Agaric (Amanita muscaria). 


A Common Frog (Rana tempoaria) hopped by.


 The Sheathed Woodtuft (Kuehneromyces mutabilis) I saw earlier had grown considerably and was starting to engulf the dead trunk.


No comments:

Post a Comment